Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Too Broke To Pay Attention

Anyone with kids knows they're not cheap.  I've joked about PoS sitting at home this summer soaking up my air and eating my food.  The truth is her being at home this summer is far cheaper than her being somewhere else.

School starts in two weeks and the reality of what this senior year means smacked me right in the face this morning.  I was lamenting my return to chauffeuring duties with the start of tennis season and then it dawned on me that this is my last year driving the kid to school daily.  At this time next year I'll be driving her to someone's campus.  I started going through my list of "lasts" and just when I was about to do my Snoopy dance I realized that it's a short list.

I thought this was my last year of buying books.  PoS attends a private school and on top of the ridiculously high tuition (though low by St. Louis standards) that I pay, we're required to purchase school books every August.  Last week's newsletter estimates that senior's books & some fees will run between $ 800 - 900.  For those prices she could be a freshman engineering student on someone's college campus!  I can't complain though, she's gotten a great education there.  I'll try to remember that when December comes and I'd rather be in Jamaica, but instead write another tuition check.

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment